Monday, August 17, 2009

First post and first challange

Yeah! Everything new: new city, new culture, new blog, new post, new challenge:

My challenge for today is: Write about buildings and landscape

Although there are little hills here in Cincinnati, I miss some mountains like in the Thuringia Forest, where I study since 3 years.

I live in a hostel for students, right in the main area of the University of Cincinnati. It's a nice little skyscraper which look like some which I have seen in the "Dallas"-series.

The inventory inside let me remember the time, where I was a little child and went to the "school youth hostels". Their inventory were from a seventies or eighties GDR-time.

But everything seems to work.

but one thing I don't like: the permanent air movement created by the air cons in every room. But we have blankings for that!

So that was my first post, see you tomorrow with the topic: cultural values in children's text.

Bye

1 comment:

  1. Hi Felix,

    I'm glad to hear that you are settled into your room at the dormitories. Perhaps you could ask someone in the residence to help you turn down the air conditioning so it isn't so cold? How do you like the university campus? What about the Raymond Walters College campus? I hope you enjoyed the outings today in Blue Ash.

    See you tomorrow,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete